The sun is also a star


[ Daniel ] There's a Japanese phrase that i like: koi no yokan. It doesn't mean love at first sight. It's closer to love at second sight. It's the feeling when you meet someone that you're going to fall in love with them. Maybe you don't love them right away but inevitable that you will. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm experiencing right now. The only slight (possibly insurmountable) problem is that I'm pretty sure that Natasya is not.

[Natasha] I assumed he'd be nerdy because he's Asian, which is crappy of me because I hate when other people assume things about me like I like rap music or I'm good at sports. For the record, only one of those thing is true. Besides the fact that I'm being deported today. I'm really not a girl to fall in love with. For one thing, I don't like temprary, nonprovable things, and romantic love is both temporary and nonprovable.

****************************************************

The sun is also a star is another great story written by Nicola Yoon.This book has a unique storyline about two people, Korean boy and Jamaican girl who fall in love in one day. They kept bumping into each other at random places, fall in love and at the same time there are circumstances that kept pushing them apart and
how fate bring them back together.

Honestly, it's kind of difficult to understand and getting into the book at first because the way the book was written kind of unique where its jump into one character to another character's point of view. So it's kind confuses too. Anyway, I really really love this book tho.

For me, the most interesting part in this book wasn't the romance part, but the narration part. Where this book not only talking about the main character perspective, but also side character's perspective too.

Besides that, the book also talked about differences in culture, social life, language, hair, eyes between the Korean people and Jamaican people. It's more on understanding the history of these two cultures and how they could fit each other.

Highly recommended! go and check out this book!!


*************************************************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cemburu dalam islam

Trip santai Berembun & Telapak Buruk (Part 2)

Saya suka awak dan awak suka saya tapi....